November 1, 2011

Happy Kannada Rajyotsava 2011

Icon for KarnatakaImage via WikipediaI am from Karnataka the most beautiful state in India. The southern state offers everything for the visitor or the resident or the immigrant. It is home for lush green forests, towering wooded hills of the western ghats, rocky boulders, amazingly beautiful sculptures and art, and the best of all the most wonderful and accommodating people. Today the state celebrates its formation day and naturally I am pleased.

I wish I were back home in Bengaluru to celebrate the Rajyotsava in the homeland. But then I remember the state, its people, culture and most importantly the beautiful Kannada language, which has been ignored by the native speakers themselves. I have come across several Kannadigas who prefer to speak in English rather than their mother tongue. Anyway this post is not about that.

Wish you all a Happy Kannada Rajyotsava 2011.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: