June 25, 2009

Fantastic Replica at Grand Canyon


Grand Canyon 051, originally uploaded by srinidhilv.

I have been posting pictures and small pieces of information about Grand Canyon in Arizona. While the other two pictures were of very important places along the south rim of the canyon, this is not so. In fact this building built using local material, to replicate a "Native American" dwelling is a souvenir shop.
When I first noticed the building I thought "Wow" I must get inside and see what it is like to be inside a Native American dwelling. But when I came closer and saw the board which said that this was built using local material in a site where an ancient building existed several hundred years ago. But today this recreated building can confuse first time visitors into entering and buying one of their "Made in China" souvenirs.

No comments: