April 20, 2010

Coveting the exclusive Mantel Clock

Mantel Clock Ever since I was a kid I have been a great fan of time machines. Wrist watches, mantel clocks, grandfather clocks, wall clocks, etc fascinated me to the fullest extent. Since then I have desired to own a beautiful vintage looking mantel clock. I feel that it would be great to start the day looking at the time from this fantastic looking clock.

Why do I love Mantel clocks so much? Well one look at the picture I have posted in this blog should give you the answer and possibly make you want one for yourself. These are truly beautiful time machines and the best part about them is they are mechanical and don't need electricity or battery to work. All you need to do is to wind the clock periodically and it will tick away giving you the accurate time.

Another unique feature of key wound mantel clocks is their distinctive chime. Each clock has a uniquely different ring tone that comes alive when the clock strikes the hour.

With all these features these clocks must cost quite a bit. Actually some models and brands of mantel clocks are quite expensive, running into thousands of dollars. Then there are several models that are affordable by everyone.

I hope in the near future I will be the proud owner of one of these magnificent time machines.

No comments: