December 20, 2009

Wildflowers of rural Bangalore

I have blogged extensively about the wild flowers in Texas and Oklahoma. These are flowers planted by the authorities by the sides of highways and in public spaces. I was going through one of my photo albums online and found that I had captured some images of wildflowers in my home zone too. These were shot not besides the road, but along hiking trails, in the wilderness around Bangalore aka Silicon Valley of India.

These pictures were shot while on a hike to an old fortress near Bangalore. One of the few locations where we fought the invading British armies formidably till some traitor betrayed our armies. Anyway today these forts are wilderness and outdoor adventure areas. Here are two pictures of a beautiful cactus flower captured during one of the hikes.

Thorny cactus with bright yellow flowers
Wild Flowers in Bangalore rural

No comments: