August 21, 2009

Happy Ganesha Chathurthi

india - lord ganeshaImage by rosemanios via Flickr

The Hindu Festival of Ganesha Chathurthi during which we worship Lord Ganesha the elephant god who is the deity of knowledge, wisdom, and remover of obstacles is on August 23, 2009. Like every other festival I used to celebrate in India, Ganesha Chathurthi is also the second time in the US. Last year my parents were here and hence the occasion was celebrated much similar like in India. This year it will not be possible. The closest thing to do would be to visit the Ganesha temple in Plano or any other Hindu temple where this occasion is being observed and participate in the festivities.
I hope Lord Ganesha will give me the gift of wisdom, knowledge, and remove obstacles that stand between me and my goals. My prayer to god on this occasion is to give me the strength, courage, presence of mind, and humility to reach my goals.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: