June 28, 2008

Old and recycled pictures

Recycling is great for environment, is it good for blogging... I don't know but maybe it will be good. I am posting some pictures of my old travels, this will continue till I get my own camera... which may take sometime... possibly couple of weeks. In this post I'd like to rekindle some of my memories of Bhutan, the latest democracy in the world. I travelled to Bhutan in 2007 on motorcycle as part of a South Asian Motorcycle Odyssey. Here are some really great pictures of this beautiful mountain kingdom.

Picture of Paro Airport, the only one in the stamp sized nation

The Bhutan National Assembly building

Bhutan's national animal - The Takin

Main street in Paro, Bhutan's second largest and most touristy town

Paro Dzong, one of the most important heritage monuments

Bhutan's national attire. It is compulsory for government officials and everyone during official ceremonies

3 comments:

alok said...

Those are really cool pics from a wonderful place like Bhutan:)

Lakshmi said...

what amazing pics...we went very close to Bhutan during our trip to the North east..but we didnt have time to explore it..am regretting that now

treasured_creatives said...

Hey Alok and Lakshmi,
In my opinion, Bhutan is one of the last remaining unspoilt natural countries in the world. I hope it remains the same even after it has become a democracy.
Thanks for the comments.... if you get a chance do visit Bhutan.