November 23, 2011

Urban Wildlife Sighting

Photograph of the common opossum
Image via Wikipedia
Today I had the opportunity to sight a Opossum or Possum one of the most commonly found house critters in Texas. The animal was sitting on the entrance arch of our apartment's maintenance and leasing office. It scared the heck out of the staff members and of course it was my first time sighting and I was quite excited. The picture in this post is not of the animal I saw but one I found online on google. I was not carrying my camera so I couldn't capture the animal. I wonder what the apartment guys will do about the animal. If it were India it would have been promptly killed, but here there are laws against harming wildlife and hence killing this marsupial is out of question.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: